Sunday, May 16, 2010

A restful day

I spent today relaxing with my sister and her apartment mates in Athens, Ohio. The order of the day mainly consisted of eating, sleeping and relaxing with some reading to pass the time.


Despite wanting a lot of sleep, I have been impressed with how good I feel, after just this small break. Muscle soreness is gone, with only a slightly sore rear and a numb section of one big toe to remind me what I have spent the last few days doing. I'm assuming the toe is just a pinched nerve, and will try slightly loosening my shoes tomorrow.

All of my gear is dried out and my electronics recharged, so I'll be ready to go tomorrow. The nearest bicycle shop opens at 10, so I'll head down there to get the bike checked out and replace my biking gloves (which have started to come apart), then its off. Given how late of a start I will have, that will give me a light day to get back into the groove of things. I downloaded a topographic map of the US, and sure enough, I should have several days of downhill ahead of me. If I manage to avoid strong headwinds, I should make good time. After the Appalachians, the next part should hopefully be a breeze. Next post will hopefully be from a bit further west!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Good luck tomorrow at the bike shop; hopefully everything is in shape. I hate when feet are so uncooperative! : ) I don't think I could have made it 90miles a day. I remember when my dad and I went to Beach Fork, only 30mi total from Huntington. My butt was killing me! I don't know how you managed it...

    I hope the plains are wonderful and you get to see some stars, for real with out all the lights...!

    ReplyDelete