Monday, May 17, 2010

Chillicothe, OH (Day 8)

After spending day seven recovering at my sister, Katie's, she took me to a bike shop this morning. The bicycle got checked out, and a clicking fixed (just something loose). I packed up and got a late start a bit before 12:00 to light rain. After a while, the rain let up and left me with a beautiful day of riding.

The day was marked with stands of forest mixed in with farmland, and a lot of small swollen creeks. The ride was quite pleasant, with cool air, but not too cold, and a decent shoulder on the road for most of the day. I'll be heading a bit out of Chillicothe to find somewhere to set up camp as well as to get myself a bit closer to Cincinnati. If the riding is good tomorrow, I'm hoping to pass through Cincinnati and cross into Indiana. The next few days look to be damp, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Hope your foot stopped being numb and the ride through Cinci is not to crowed or damp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tom. You amaze me. You're in my thoughts and prayers as you cycle your way to my side of the U.S. xo Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete